Symphony is the first culture driven technology house dedicated to crafting the workforce of the future.
We stand shoulder to shoulder with the most creative entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley and the world. We work on the kind of challenges that keep entrepreneurs up at night and we build the teams and spaces that get engineers up in the morning!
Symphony is building a global community - not just a company - where bright minds want to come to work and play. Our current technological playground includes all currently popular technologies in Silicon Valley and it changes in sync with progress in the tech world.
After successfully building Symphony homes in San Francisco, Sarajevo and Belgrade and more recently in Novi Sad in the last year, doubling the headcount in the process, we are now building our first home in Macedonia. We are therefore very happy to announce the first vacancies for our first ambassadors in Macedonia.
We are currently looking for a General Manager for the Symphony Skopje office.
Supported by other management functions, build and nurture the functional software development office in accordance with company standards.
- Find a suitable location for the new Symphony home and renovate it in such a way that it reflects the Symphony way of life and culture.
- Recruitment and hiring: Recruit, hire and enable a team of 50 employees.
- Day-to-day operational management: manage the team, operations, finances, processes and different stakeholders in line with company targets and practices.
Qualifications and skills
- Relevant education in IT: software engineering, IT management
- 5+ years in management positions (leading teams and companies/departments)
- Professional experience within the IT industry
- Advanced proficiency in the English language
- Hands-on experience with company operations, budgeting and cost control
- Experience in a management role in a start-up environment
- an open minded, lifelong learner;
- someone with contagious energy who can bring together a great team and achieve great results together with that team;
- initiative taking proactive person who loves to overcome challenges and constantly be challenged;
- proven track record of sound decision-making and problem-solving with the ability to make decisions quickly and independently;
- a ‘doer’ and someone who moves fast, risks breaking things but learns and creates great results;
- strongly results-oriented person passionate about adding value to the company through his/her influence;
- strategic thinker;
- flexible agile person who strives to get the job done in the best possible way;
- someone who is very friendly and has a great sense of humor;
- eternal optimist;
- demonstrates great respect for our work and Symphony’s clients;
- someone who will believe and dream our vision and help us to conquer our goals.
No one can whistle a Symphony!
- Our projects include augmented reality, biotechnology, machine learning, wearables and much more.
- Our office has an impressive fun zone and a comfy work zone.
- Symphony offices: a fun zone, tasty healthy food, a terrace, a playroom and more.
- Meet us on Facebook and LinkedIn.
We love to be mutually impressed when choosing new team members. If we impress you then we challenge you to impress us so that we can get back to you soon.
Apply via email@example.com