Called the “startup that’s crossing cultures to fight hate and build community” by Inc Magazine, Symphony is an international software development house with a client portfolio filled with incredibly successful Silicon Valley tech companies and inspiring business stories.
We were created to solve the toughest tech challenges by tapping into the world’s best talent in underserved markets. We stand shoulder to shoulder with the most creative entrepreneurs and companies in Silicon Valley. We work on the kinds of challenges that keep entrepreneurs and business leaders up at night and we build the teams and products that solve them.
Symphony is now looking for a bright mind to join our community in San Francisco as a Marketing Director.
Our business is accelerating and expanding—our client list has doubled in the past year, and we are opening 3 new offices by the end of 2017. So we need an awesome marketing lead to drive further growth! We are seeking a Marketing Director who will own and scale all marketing materials and activities in support of our revenue goals. Currently, our marketing strategy relies heavily on client references and viral marketing, so we are really excited to have you bring sophistication, structure, and creativity to drive our marketing foundation.
Reporting to the President, this role will be responsible for all aspects of the go-to-market process & strategy as well as account-based marketing through multi-channel campaigns. This will be a very international role, as the marketing will be directed to our Silicon Valley clients/prospects while the stories to create great marketing pieces largely come out of our 100+ teammates in Europe who work directly with our clients.
The role will also require a lot of interaction with our clients and partners -- from Series A startups to Series C/D companies on track to an IPO to public companies to innovation labs out of major corporations. We also have close relationships with consulting firms, PE firms, VCs (we're a preferred partner to Google Ventures and StartX), and design labs.
- Market & competitive analysis: evaluate industry trends, competitors and standards and how they apply to our overall sales strategy
- Sales enablement: communicate our value proposition to the sales and engagement management team and develop sales tools that support the selling process
- Collaborate with the sales and client teams to understand client/prospect needs and key sales objectives, and propose marketing programs that are timely, targeted, integrated and compelling
- Drive the creation and execution of multi channel marketing programs, from defining goals to writing content, to working with designers to produce sophisticated and well-designed pieces, to deployment and execution of campaigns that drive increased partnership levels, loyalty, advocacy, and revenue
- Define and then create qualified leads
- Lead customer advocacy activities in the field, including identifying power clients and enabling Symphony sales to partner with them to share their stories as well as leading customer/prospect workshops
- Lead Symphony advocacy of what we do – love what we do, and then aim to get everyone in Silicon Valley to advocate for it as well!
It might be a match if you:
- Are an awesome creator of pithy, inspiring marketing content
- Are great at gathering and synthesizing a lot of perspectives into one succinct messaging strategy.
- Previously held a role in product marketing, sales, strategy, and/or consulting. Any past external writing experience is a huge plus (even if it was for your high school newspaper!)
- Have led key strategic marketing projects and/or developed core sales materials
Symphony’s promise to you:
- Exposure to many leading Bay Area companies (both our clients and prospects) as well as VCs, private equity firms, and consulting firms who support our business development efforts
- Exposure to Eastern Europe – we currently have offices in Bosnia and Serbia. We are also opening offices in Bulgaria and Greece this year. You will likely spend a couple of weeks per quarter in these offices to work with our amazing teammates over there!
- A great work environment at our SF office – located in the heart of the city
- An opportunity to significantly impact Symphony’s growth process
- An experience marked with different cultures, languages, people, and environments
When choosing new team members, we love to be mutually impressed. If we’ve impressed you, we challenge you to impress us and we will get back to you soon.
Apply via email@example.com