Hi everyone and welcome back to our community!
As always, we were quite busy with our internal projects and activities. The good thing is that we have a lot of information to share with you.
In the past two weeks, we have welcomed a new team member to our Sarajevo office. Ena joined our HR team and her infectious spirit and extensive knowledge will be a great addition to us. She loves working with people on the development side of the company and enjoys seeing their smiles of achievement.
As you know, we love to celebrate and May gives us the chance to celebrate five anniversaries at our Sarajevo office. Almina and Ema just turned three in Symphony years and Amer and Asmir two, while Nadir celebrates his seventh year at Symphony so congratulations, cheers and thank you all for your hard work!
Important Community Updates
Ivan, Serbia Country Director, has been announced as one of the finalists for the TOYP awards (Ten Outstanding Young Persons) recognized by JCI. We are keeping our fingers crossed for him; let’s go Ivan - we are with you!
Muamer, Marija, Almina and Alexa took eight clients and prospects together with a potential summer intern from Stanford out to see a SF Deltas soccer game. Unfortunately they forgot to take a group photo, which is a shame; however, they did witness the goalie proposing to his girlfriend in front of the entire stadium!
Our CEO, Haris, made two TV appearances in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The first gave us the chance to host an Al Jazeera crew (you can watch the interview with Haris and Teufik, one of our software engineers, here) and in the second Haris appeared on the local TV show Sarajevo Business. He spoke about the future of the software industry in Bosnia and Herzegovina and shared some important insights into the current situation in the industry (Check out his full interview here).
Team Members on the Move
Almina, who was in San Francisco to work with our client ODG (Osterhout Design Group), and Marija, who was also there to work with HumanDx, have just returned to their respective offices in Sarajevo and Belgrade. Although they had a great time there, in all honesty they were missed in their offices. Almina and Marija may have said goodbye to San Francisco but another and bigger group has said hello. Admir, Tarik, Irfan and Anis are now in San Francisco to meet and work with the Juicero team, who are on a mission to help ensure that people consume more fresh produce each day.
Refik also just returned from Shenzhen; we have shared more details about his visit here. We were all so interested in the details of his visit to China that we organized a flow session with him to hear all of the interesting details about his time in China: the food, culture, people etc.
Short Community Updates
- Our software engineer Mirha recently developed the latest iOS release for the ODG app called ReticleRemote.
- Sergei, a software engineer from our Belgrade office, spent a week working with our engineers at the Sarajevo office.
- Ena, our newest addition to the Symphony HR team, spent a week in Belgrade working with our local HR team there.
- Software engineer Milos is in San Francisco working with our client Endless on a Linux-based 'application centric' desktop operating system designed for emerging markets that cannot always rely on having an internet connection.
- Ana and Marko from our Belgrade office are getting married next weekend, but not to each other! Congrats to you both and to your future partners!
Talk to you soon! In the meantime, check out our Instagram profile and be sure to follow us!